Privacy – Temp
This Policy explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (‘POPIA’).
At ARX | Pangaia we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose than that set out in this policy and will endeavour to protect your Personal Information that is in our possession from unauthorised alteration, loss, disclosure or access.
Please note that we may review and update this Policy from time to time.
This Policy applies to all external parties with whom we interact, including but not limited to individual clients, representatives of client organisations, visitors to our offices and other users of our services.
Collection of personal information:
We may collect or obtain Personal Information about you –
- Directly from you;
- in the course of our relationship with you;
- in the course of providing services to you or your organisation;
- when you make personal information public;
- when you visit and/or interact with our Website;
- when you register to use any of our services including but not limited to newsletters and daily updates;
- when you interact with any third-party content or advertising on our Website or;
- when you visit our offices.
We may also receive Personal Information about you from third parties.
Website usage information is collected using ‘Cookies’ which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use and share information:
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To provide our services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to maintain our relationship;
- to confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- for the detection and prevention of fraud, crime money laundering or other malpractice;
- to conduct market or client satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- for record-keeping purposes;
- in connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information –
- Where have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obligated to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security control and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover –
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of privacy information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain for, is kept secure. We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obligated to.
Right of access to information:
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, contact us at the number or address listed below and specify which information you would like to receive.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information we have on record.
Correction of your information:
In accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (‘POPIA’), you have the right to ask we update, correct, or delete your personal information. To do this, contact us at the number or address listed below and specify which information you would like to receive.
A ‘Cookie’ is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (for example, a computer or smartphone) when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
Some cookies which we use are essential to the functioning of our website. Some cookies help us with the performance and design of our website. This allows us to measure how many times a page has been visited, whether a page has been visited on the website through an advertisement or by other means. Other cookies help us to remember your settings which you may have selected or assist with other functionality when you browse and use our website. This helps us to remember what you have selected, so on your return visit – we remember your preferences.
You may contact us at –
Address: 5th Floor, Protea Place, c/o Protea Road and Dreyer Street, Claremont, South Africa, 7708
Telephone: +27 21 671 6904
Fax: +27 86 415 9586